JUNIOR VARSITY 7-on-7
SATURDAY, JUNE 3rd
- No limit to number of JV teams registered -
REGISTRATION CLOSES MAY 30, 2017
NO WALK-UP REGISTRATIONS
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS...
- MWE coaches will conduct an instructional period for all participants. Groups will be divided up by position prior to the start of tournament games.
- The 2017 7-on-7 will have no limit to number of team slots.
- All schools will have a 5 game guarantee (pool play, followed by winner’s bracket or consolation games).
- The first game will begin promptly at 9:00am
- You will be contacted in the days prior to the tournament with field locations and opponents. A final schedule of games will be available at registration.
- Your team will receive a t-shirt for each player, plus 3 coaches shirts per team.
- HS Coaches must have COPIES of medial release forms for each player.
- Lunch will not be provided.
- Each team will have 7 players on the field at a time. The offense must use someone to snap the ball if in SHOTGUN. (NOT REQUIRED to snap if not in gun, but QB must drop) No RUNNING PLAYS ALLOWED. No Laterals to a teammate after the throw. Double Pass is allowed.
- There is no blitzing. All seven defenders must drop.
- Teams that play a 3 down scheme must designate a rusher who takes a knee while the other seven defenders drop. (Player taking a knee must be at LOS)
- The offense has 4 seconds to get rid of the ball. A sack will be the same as an incomplete pass. Time is held on a stopwatch.
- The game will be one hand touch; all the defense must do is touch the ball carrier with one hand to make the stop. The ball is down where the offensive player is tagged. (Any fumble also downed where the fumble occurs)
- The offense has 25 seconds to huddle, call a play, and snap the ball from the time the ball is spotted.
- All players not in the game must be on the sideline. The offensive team may have one coach in the huddle. No coaches are allowed in the defensive secondary.
- Each game will last 25 minutes, running clock. If the team who started the game on defense has the ball when the clock runs out, or if the clock runs out during the changeover, they will be allowed to finish the drive if they have a chance to win or tie.
- TOURNAMENT ONLY: Overtime — Each team will start at the 5 yard line. If you score you can go for one or two points. Process continues until you have a winner. Game over on an interception.
- It is the responsibility of each high school coach to practice good sportsmanship and enforce it with his own players.
- The offense will start each possession at the 35 yard line.
- Each time a pass is completed the ball is moved to the spot where he is downed.
- The offense can earn one first down by getting to the 15 yard line. They have 4 downs to get to the 15 yardline and another 4 downs to score.
- The offense will get 6 points for a touchdown. After a touchdown, the offense can choose to have the ball placed at the 3 yardline for a 1 point conversion or the 7 yardline for a 2 point conversion. Ball placed in the middle of field.
- If the offense turns the ball over on downs, or interception, the other team will take over and start the next possession at the 35 yard line. (Fumble = Dead Ball at spot)
- An interception is worth 3 points.
- Defensive pass interference will result in a first down for the offense at the spot of the foul.
- Defensive pass interference in the endzone will result in a first down at the 3yardline. PI on extra point play will be ½ distance to goal and repeat down.
- Contact with receivers will be allowed up to 5 yards downfield. Beyond 5 yards there will be no re-routing, knocking off crossing routes, etc.
- There is no blocking down the field by the offense. This will result in a penalty and will be the same as an incomplete pass. Offensive pass interference is a penalty. Any offensive penalty is loss of down, move ball back to original spot.
- False start penalty is a loss of down.
$400 per team - up to 25 players
Home & Away Jerseys
* NO HELMETS OR PADS *
- Register my team(s) online
- Download and complete team roster sheet for each team registered
- Collect completed and signed medical release forms from each player on your team(s)
- Mail team roster(s) and $400 payment via check. One form of payment per school, please.
Mail completed roster(s), forms & payment to:
Mountain West Elite
3789 Hillside Lane
Salt Lake City, UT 84109